Greetings,

Currently I am using my own application to generate a simple CSV file which
can be loaded up in ParaView. I then create the visualization I want with a
few manual filter operations.

What I would like is to generate a file, preferably still with a field for
CSV-like raw data, that tells ParaView to load the data and then apply the
filters I want, so the view I want is immediately available upon loading
the file and the raw data is available if I want to try other filters.

I've taken a look at vpt and pvd files saved from my intended view but I'm
not seeing much correspondence between the CSV data I generate, the filters
I apply and the data fields in there. I'm also pondering the save-state and
trace/macro features of ParaView but I suspect those won't quite square
with my aim of generating a file in an external application which includes
data.

Could someone point me toward a proper way to do this? If it comes down to
plugin development I'm willing to take a look at that.

Thanks,
Wyatt Spear