I opened the image in Photoshop, drew quite loosely around the tripod head with the lasso tool, then edit/generative fill and clicked fill with nothing in the dialogue box.

If you do too tight a selection Photoshop will screw it up, it needs surrounding detail to create the fill so you need to give it plenty of elbow room. The selection I gave it was about the same size as the globe.

My understanding is that generative fill in it's present form creates everything at a maximum resolution of 1024x1024. The people who know more than me seem to be using fixed size boxes at that size and then doing multiple passes with generative fill with higher resolution images.

One of the things you might have received with your subscription is access to Photoshop Beta which is the test bed for Photoshop, so new features appear there and as they are perfected they then trickle into Photoshop 24 as updates.

For example, the image I posted was done on Photoshop Beta version 25.0.0

bill