John, as you work through your sorting/naming process, one thing that I have
found to be helpful:
   In Lightroom Classic, you can start the Search process, then at the top
choose Metadata, within metadata choose Camera. Select *ist-D or whatever, and
then you can sort by date, and scroll through looking for gaps or anamolies in
naming or numbering. Then repeat the process after selecting a different camera
to work with.
Stan
Sent from my iPad