A bit gruesome but that's nature for you. I have never seen anything like that - the ones around here all seem to survive on tiddlers.

Alan C

On 19-Mar-24 08:39 PM, Henk Terhell wrote:
Nice picture indeed.
After I saw a grey heron swallowing two coot chicken in two successive flights across the pool nearby it is no longer my favourite bird.

Henk