Interesting. The African sub-species has black legs all the year round. The yellow bill darkens partly during the breeding season.

We have another slightly smaller one here (the Yellowbilled Egret - still much bigger than the Little Egret) which is more like the one you describe.

I'llĀ  be on the look out!

Alan C