On May 11, 2024, at 4:56 AM, Alan Cole <wisselstro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very nice, Dave. That 400 is a great asset.

It is, although I do struggle with it at times.  When the AF gets it right I
get some great images.  I was lucky with this one as I'd been in such a hurry
I'd forgotten to pay attention to the settings and it shot at f/6.7 so depth of
field was not in my favour.

I remember trying to calibrate the focus of my lenses soon after getting the
K5ii but gave up as the AF system just wouldn't quite focus consistently.  If I
focused on the target a few times in a row it'd always come out slightly
different, which made me wonder what was the point of calibrating it.  I seem
to remember my target wasn't perfect but I never quite got around to having
another go with a better one.  I do wonder it if's simply a mechanical
limitation of the screw-drive mechanism.

Cheers,
Dave
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List