Hi,

I used 'pg_dumpall' to dump the database in Postgres 7.1.3 and I'm in the
process of restoring the databases in Postgres 8.3.8.  There were lots errors
showed on the screen when I ran this command 'psql -e template1 -f 21.bak' and
it actually displayed the line numbers where the errors occurred.  Because
there were so many errors, and I wanted the errors to be logged to a log file
so I ran this command 'psql -e template1 -f 21.bak > late22error.txt', but
late22error.txt didn't log the errors, it just logged the transactions.  What
option should I use to tell psql to log all errors to a log file?

I'm running on RHEL 3.9.

Thanks
Mary