Wang, Mary Y wrote:
Hi,

I used 'pg_dumpall' to dump the database in Postgres 7.1.3 and I'm in the process
of restoring the databases in Postgres 8.3.8.  There were lots errors showed on
the screen when I ran this command 'psql -e template1 -f 21.bak' and it actually
displayed the line numbers where the errors occurred.  Because there were so many
errors, and I wanted the errors to be logged to a log file so I ran this command
'psql -e template1 -f 21.bak > late22error.txt', but late22error.txt didn't log
the errors, it just logged the transactions.  What option should I use to tell
psql to log all errors to a log file?

I'm running on RHEL 3.9.

you need to redirect stderr, see http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/redirecting-stderr-to-stdout/ for a variety of options