On 2023-Nov-08, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I think we could build doc/src/sgml/postgres-full.xml by default.  That
> takes less than 0.5 seconds here and it's an intermediate target for html
> and man.

If that detects problems like the id attributes you mentioned, apart
from the other checks in the `xmllint --noout`, then that WFM.

At least with the makefile the command to produce postgres-full.xml
includes --valid, so I think we're covered.

"Having your biases confirmed independently is how scientific progress is
made, and hence made our great society what it is today" (Mary Gardiner)