On 19.03.24 12:26, Shlok Kyal wrote:
I'm attaching a new version (v30) that adds:

* 3 new options (--publication, --subscription, --replication-slot) to assign
   names to the objects. The --database option used to ignore duplicate names,
   however, since these new options rely on the number of database options to
   match the number of object name options, it is forbidden from now on. The
   duplication is also forbidden for the object names to avoid errors earlier.
* rewrite the paragraph related to unusuable target server after
   pg_createsubscriber fails.
* Vignesh reported an issue [1] related to reaching the recovery stop point
   before the consistent state is reached. I proposed a simple patch that fixes
   the issue.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm3VMOi0GugGvhk3motghaFRKSWMCSE2t3YX1e%2BMttToxg%40mail.gmail.com

I have added a top-up patch v30-0003. The issue in [1] still exists in
the v30 patch. I was not able to come up with an approach to handle it
in the code, so I have added it to the documentation in the warning
section. Thoughts?

Seems acceptable to me. pg_createsubscriber will probably always have some restrictions and unsupported edge cases like that. We can't support everything, so documenting is ok.