On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 9:44 AM Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziome...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 12:54 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > The user choosing to convert a physical standby to a subscriber would
> > in some cases be interested in converting it for all the databases
> > (say for the case of upgrade [1]) and giving options for each database
> > would be cumbersome for her.

> > [1] - This tool can be used in an upgrade where the user first
> > converts physical standby to subscriber to get incremental changes and
> > then performs an online upgrade.
> >

> The first use case me and Euler discussed some time ago to upstream this tool
> was exactly what Amit described so IMHO we should make it easier for users to
> subscribe to all existing user databases.

I feel that will be a good use case for this tool especially now
(with this release) when we allow upgrade of subscriptions. In this
regard, I feel if the user doesn't specify any database it should have
subscriptions for all databases and the user should have a way to
provide publication/slot/subscription names.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.