On 2024-03-28 17:27, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 1:43 PM torikoshia <torikos...@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

Attached patch fixes the doc,

May I know which patch you are referring to? And, what do you mean by
"fixes the doc"?

Ugh, I replied to the wrong thread.
Sorry for making you confused and please ignore it.

but I'm wondering perhaps it might be
better to modify the codes to prohibit abbreviation of the value.

Please help me understand the meaning here.

When seeing the query which abbreviates ON_ERROR value, I feel it's not
obvious what happens compared to other options which tolerates
abbreviation of the value such as FREEZE or HEADER.

   COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH (ON_ERROR);

What do you think?

So, do you mean to prohibit ON_ERROR being specified without any value
like in COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH (ON_ERROR);? If yes, I think all the
other options do allow that [1].

Even if we were to do something like this, shall we discuss this separately?

Having said that, what do you think of the v13 patch posted upthread?

[1]
postgres=# COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH (
DEFAULT         ESCAPE          FORCE_QUOTE     HEADER          QUOTE
DELIMITER       FORCE_NOT_NULL  FORMAT          NULL
ENCODING        FORCE_NULL      FREEZE          ON_ERROR

postgres=# COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH ( QUOTE );
ERROR:  relation "t1" does not exist
postgres=# COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH ( DEFAULT );
ERROR:  relation "t1" does not exist
postgres=# COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH ( ENCODING );
ERROR:  relation "t1" does not exist

Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA Group Corporation