On 5/15/24 21:45, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
Please provide feedback no later than Wed 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC. As the
beta release takes some extra effort, I want to ensure all changes are
in with time to spare before release day.

"You can find information about all of the features and changes found in
PostgreSQL 17"

Sounds repetitive; maybe:

"Information about all of the features and changes in PostgreSQL 17 can be found in the [release notes]"

"more explicitly SIMD instructions" I think ought to be "more explicit SIMD instructions"

"PostgreSQL 17 includes a built-in collation provider that provides similar semantics to the `C` collation provided by libc."

I think that needs to mention UTF-8 encoding somehow, and "provided by libc" is not really true; maybe:

"PostgreSQL 17 includes a built-in collation provider that provides similar sorting semantics to the `C` collation except with UTF-8 encoding rather than SQL_ASCII."

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team