On 2024-05-16 Th 17:15, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 2024-05-16 Th 16:18, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew: maybe the buildfarm server could be made to flag
animals building exceedingly old commits?  This is the second
problem of this sort that I've noticed this month, and you
really have to look closely to realize it's happening.
Yeah, that should be doable. Since we have the git ref these days we
should be able to mark it as old, or maybe just reject builds for very
old commits (the latter would be easier).
I'd rather have some visible status on the BF dashboard.  Invariably,
with a problem like this, the animal's owner is unaware there's a
problem.  If it's just silently not reporting, then no one else will
notice either, and we effectively lose an animal (despite it still
burning electricity to perform those rejected runs).

Fair enough. That will mean some database changes and other stuff, so it will take a bit longer.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan