On 16.05.24 23:06, Joe Conway wrote:
On 5/16/24 16:57, Jacob Champion wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 1:31 PM Joe Conway <m...@joeconway.com> wrote:
Maybe we should just make it a policy that *nothing* gets moved forward
from commitfest-to-commitfest and therefore the author needs to care
enough to register for the next one?

I think that's going to severely disadvantage anyone who doesn't do
this as their day job. Maybe I'm bristling a bit too much at the
wording, but not having time to shepherd a patch is not the same as
not caring.

Maybe the word "care" was a poor choice, but forcing authors to think about and decide if they have the "time to shepherd a patch" for the *next CF* is exactly the point. If they don't, why clutter the CF with it.

Objectively, I think this could be quite effective. You need to prove your continued interest in your project by pressing a button every two months.

But there is a high risk that this will double the annoyance for contributors whose patches aren't getting reviews. Now, not only are you being ignored, but you need to prove that you're still there every two months.