eg. Someone who just knows how to use postgres could test my upcoming COMMENT ON patch. (It's best if I myself do not test it) Someone with more skill with a debugger can be asked to test unique hash indexes by playing with concurrency, etc.

I forgot to mention that people who just have large, complex production databases and test servers at their disposal should be given the task of:

1. Dumping their old version database
3. Dumping that using dev pg_dump
5. Dumping it again
6. Diffing 3 and 5