"Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
>> 0. As you say, make it known to the public.  Have people test their
>>    in-development applications using a beta.
>
> and how do you propose we do that?  I think this is the hard part

(1) Make the beta more obvious on the website, as we've already
    discussed

(2) Make a freshmeat.net release announcement for _each_ beta, RC, and
    of course the final release (we totally missed this during 7.4).
    There are probably other software release announcement sites we
    could inform.

(3) Is it worth trying to get some technical press coverage for the
    start of the beta process? I don't mean on PHB-oriented sites like
    ComputerWorld or ZdNet where we need to do the work of getting a
    press release prepared, but OSNews or Slashdot just need a link to
    the release notes and the source tarballs.

Any other suggestions?

Perhaps we could add a list of this sort to src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES?

-Neil