--On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 15:59:19 -0300 "Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Larry Rosenman wrote:

>> > Ummm, shouldn't that be added to the port specific Makefile?
>> See my reply to Tom.  It forces ALL libpq using programs to be
>> linked with -Kpthread, which was deemed unacceptable.
>
> deemed unacceptable by whom?  Sounds to me alot simpler of a solution
> then making wrappers for the pthread_* functions just to accommodate
> one OS ... I could see it if this was a wide-spread problem, but it
> doesn't appear to be ...
Bruce didn't want to muck ip all the .c programs in the distribution to
do that.

I'm confused now ... what .c programs would have to be mucked up if you add -Kpthread to the Unixware specific Makefile?
initdb, et al.

See these comments in src/template/unixware:
# Disabled because flags are required for all apps using libpq.
# Waiting to see if other platforms need this too.  2004-03-22
THREAD_SUPPORT=yes
# verified UnixWare 7.1.4 2004-03-18
STRERROR_THREADSAFE=yes
GETPWUID_THREADSAFE=yes
GETHOSTBYNAME_THREADSAFE=yes
$

I turned it back on to see if the new stuff had fixed it.

---- Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org) Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749