Thanks Stefan :)

Nicolas, ODBC does indeed exist for Linux - to use it with PHP you need to
build PHP with an ODBC Driver Manager, such as iODBC. A HOWTO for this is
available at the www.iodbc.org site.  You still need a driver for PHP to use
with the Driver Manager, however, and there is not currently an ODBC driver
that will talk to AS/400 directly.

As a work around, you can use OpenLink's Multi-Tier ODBC driver on the Linux
box to talk to DB2 Connect, e.g. install Multi-Tier drivers with client and
server component both on the Linux box, install DB2 Connect on the same
Linux box and configure a service to the AS/400, and then configure your
ODBC DSN to with the existing DB2 Connect service name in the Database name
field.

Our Multi-Tier drivers are available for free download at
http://www.openlinksw.com.  They do not expire and come with a free 2 user
connection.  Also, free support is available at
http://www.openlinksw.com/support/suppindx.htm if you run into problems.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers