thank you for your help,

the portal will (problably) use sort of a directory index where a node can
be a folder to go 'inside' or a

portlet like moduled application like a forum, or a partial download list
( depending on current node ).

knowing that the 'Adjacency Lists tree' and a bunch of tables would be more
easy to implement i believe the

'Nested Set', few tables ( the tree, users, permissions and a table for each
type of portlet,) and a buch of SQL statements

would be more eficient considering scalability ... correct me if im wrong :)

the first node levels will have just a few very slowly increasing branches
but the forum branch will be more dynamic

depending on site success.

perhaps the 5 or 10 seccions will be sufficientin these first levels and
could use a 1000 unit difference for the more

dinamic. perhaps using also a automated trigger PHP procedure to increase
the number of series when the difference becomes

low.

tree theory is very interesting and has much to offer in terms of knowledge