I have an application which creates temporary tables.  My plan is to
remove them after a 24 hour period and only those which are have a
created time greater than 24 hours.  That part I can do, my question is
how will I be able to run this script which is a 2 part script.

First thing I do is pull the names of the temporary tables which are
going to be deleted from another table.  From this result set, I need to
DROP tables as well as remove the reference to them from the first
table.

I understand that I can run PHP from the command line but this would
require PHP to installed as a CGI which I prefer not to do.

I was hoping I that I could use CRON to run this script once a day...

Any ideas?