I used to have the same problem and solved it as follows:
I wrote my php script and created my crontab runing the
script with the lynx-browser. The output is sent to me
via eMail

in crontab e.g.:
MAILTO:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
15 15 * * * lynx -dump http://www.myDomain.com/myScript.php

That works fine ;-) [my English isn't fine - i know :-( ]

Lars Jedinski