Right off the bat, you need to consider concurrency issues. Depending on the
size of your user base and level of activity this could become a major issue.
In the end, why hold an open connection for 15 minutes just to process 20-30
transactions that take 20-30ms each? Just better (under most circumstances) to
open the connection, process your transaction , then close the connection.

Respectfully,

Joshua D. Arneson
Data Manager, Mount Sinai NIH Brain & Tissue Repository (NBTR)
130 W Kingsbridge Rd, Rm 5F-04
Bronx, NY 10468
Email: joshua.arne...@mssm.edu
Office: 718-584-9000 ext 6094