Ah, thanks for the reply Joshua.

Duly noted. So when is it bad to make multiple open and close connections then?
I am guessing that could have some impact with lots of users too. Yes?

If the website in question does not have a lot of users (less than 1,000), is
this still a bad call to keep an open connection?
If so, should I be closing the connection after each page load that has
multiple calls on the database?
Or after each call to the database?

I am wanting to make sure I am not doing something bad or dangerous when
holding these sessions open.
If it is a matter of taste, I'll leave it, but if it is a matter of best
practices to open and close, I will change the method I am using.

Again, TIA!

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm