Perhaps you weren't aware that every modern database does the same thing (or
can if you turn it on): the results of query sets are cached at the db
server and are available if the same query is used without involving a file
read. If any update changes any of the underlying result sets then the
corresponding cache entry is invalidated and the momeory released for
another cache entry.

Let the db server handle query/cache consistency ... why put yet another
server in the way that will have to be triggered by the underlying db to
clear ITS cache?

Mark C,