At 03:25 AM 7/23/2004, you wrote:

Sounds like you've done everything correctly, just PHP wasn't installed as a
CLI. Just to be sure, do a $ find / -name php

Is it ok to have PHP installed as both CLI and as a module?

Then, if it is found, $ lynx -source http://go-pear.org/ | /path/to/php

If it's not found, just grap a PHP rpm (make sure it's a CLI version,
or --with-cli) and install that.

Hope that's helpful,
Aidan

Thanks for the help, -- Ron

"Ron King" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> When I installed Mandrake 10.0 I thought I had Apache, PHP, and MySQL
> installed correctly. I could serve web pages, MySQL ...
...snip...
> things started to be not OK after all.
>
> phpinfo() told me that the 'Configure Command' had both the following in

it:
> --with-pear=/usr/share/pear
> --without-pear
>
> So I tried to install pear manually, and when I tried the command:
 ...snip...
> Here's my question: Should I just uninstall Apache and reinstall it, then
> install php and pear? Should I compile Apache myself? If I do that, I'm

not

> sure of all the configuration options I should choose. Or should I just
> install the new rpms that I think I want, and rpmdrake will make

everything