Err, I'm not sure how useful this info would be, you may know this already, but that wasn't evident in your post.

The Apache 2 php module has a PHPIniDir directive. If you're using 1.3 it may be possible to compile that feature into it with a minimum of fuss, though I wouldn't even have a clue about that.

Chris

Chris Shiflett wrote:

Does anyone know whether there is a way to specify the path of php.ini
within httpd.conf or something similar? There is an environment variabled
named PHPRC that is almost useful enough, but it must exist within the
environment used to start Apache (e.g., using SetEnv in httpd.conf won't
work - the description of putenv() sounds much the same).

I am basically looking for an elegant method of specifying the path to the
php.ini to use when starting Apache, much like how I can specify the path
to httpd.conf with the -f flag:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -f /path/to/httpd.conf

Thanks.

Chris