--- "Ford, Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you seeing the URL-encoded version *only* in
> your browser's
> Address/Location bar?  If so, that's perfectly
> normal and nothing to worry
> about -- it should be automatically decoded by the
> Web server before being
> passed to PHP.

> If you're seeing the encoded version actually in
> your PHP script, that
> sounds like a major problem, possibly indicating a
> missing urldecode() or
> extraneous urlencode() -- in which case, please post
> a more detailed
> analysis of your problem, examples of the unwanted
> behaviour, and the
> relevant portions of script.

I have no idea about what it means to see the encoded
version in my script. I have only one urldecode in the
script:

urldecode($row_rsVJ['JobID']);?>">

No urlencodes anywhere.
I'll assume it's decoded properly before going to php
because the script runs fine.  I just know that I've
seen the hex's normally converted in the browser bar.

Further, I was assuming I should add the urldecode to
the query string.  As I had posted originally.  From
the example in the manual it appears I might to pass
the params through a urldecode counter loop.

Lastly, I wasn't concerned about the hex code, but I
just made some reconnections of scripts.  Users can
save their search parameters.  I am saving the query
string.  Now I had this set up before and the way it
"was" working , is when the user wanted to view or
edit their saved searches, the search page would come
back with all the parameters filled in including
shaded parameters in things like mult select lists and
menu dropdowns.  It's not working that way now , so my
first suspicion is perhaps the hex is effecting it.

I can post more of the script if that makes sense.

Stuart