At 19.06.2001 15:37, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Probably some Apache/mysql/php-Admin gurus can give me a hint :
>i just moved a website to it's own server ( my first one).
>now apache had eaten up all physical and virtual memory
>some httpd had allocated 45MB of RAM, memory ran out myqsl crashed...

<snipped techie details>

My best guess is that somewhere in the code for your site you have a loop which
either allocations or fills up memory with variables on each loop...

For some reason this loop didn't exit as you ment it to, and therefore
proceeded to
eat as much ram as it possibly could chew in the time it should be allowed
to run.
You didn't say, but my guess is that this is running some Linux flavor, and
due to the
"poor-ish" mem-handling under Linux the box bogged down when it realized
that it
had nada physical and virtual memory left and therefore did get around to
killing the
apache-process running the runaway script before you got around to doing it...

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.: