Hi all

Probably some Apache/mysql/php-Admin gurus can give me a hint :
i just moved a website to it's own server ( my first one).
now apache had eaten up all physical and virtual memory
some httpd had allocated 45MB of RAM, memory ran out myqsl crashed...

php is compiled in to apache
Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) PHP/4.0.4pl1
these are the relevant entries is my  httpd.conf
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 500
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 20
StartServers 20
MaxClients 150
MaxRequestsPerChild 500

in the php.ini

memory_limit = 8M
( but i think that has nothing to do with it)

i can't find anything in the logfiles exept that some httpd were already
killed by itself, because
there was no memory left that they could eat....
needless to say that my site does NOT get that much traffic that the
server was at the edge
of it's capacity.....
HELP...

Sebastian