At 19.06.2001 15:59, A. Skwar wrote:
>So sprach Wico de Leeuw am Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 01:09:49PM +0200:
> > I don't know which ancient version you are using but version 5+ can filter
> > on cc:
>
>Don't know about Eudora, but filters in webmailers (like gmx.de) cannot
>filter on CC, nor can Lotus Notes 4.x filter reliably on CC.  Those are both
>products I use regularly.

Since when did webmailers become a suitable and efficient MUA to use on
medium-to-high-volume mailingslists ?
Further why not filter it on the server through use of address-extentions like
most servers (apart from sendmail, but who wants to use sendmail?) support,
that would give excellent conditions even for webmails that can't do anything
apart from dish out your password in plaintext...

Notes can filter, but as you say, not very good, but then again Notes is a poor
emailclient as it can't thread and it doesn't follow any standards and even
breaks
a few conventions...

Filtering on user-variable data is a poor deal, it's to easy to get mail
filtered wrong
because of some (l)user putting [PHP] in the topic, or what ever you filter
on, if
somebody replies to you offlist without changing topic, you don't want the
reply to
go to the same place as the rest of the list... you get the picture...

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.: