generally. no its not.. IMHO its a good thing.... it can help make data
validation easier, as in people can't "fake" variables by passing them in
the URL to the processing script.
It also helps keeps thing tidy... so providing that the processing isn't
fantastically complex (in which case the complexity of the processing may
make the physical file cumbersome)

HTH,
Tom