If that's REALLY your bag, just plot all of your functions in Assembly,
first!

https://www.scriptlance.com/cgi-bin/freelancers/project.cgi?id=121743701
3&order=bid%20DESC

I, for one, will keep efficiency in mind--but if I spend a couple extra
cycles to relieve myself of an extra 20 lines of code, I think I'll
sleep just fine. :)

Now, if I was programming embedded systems or time-critical transaction
processing software, that might be another story. (Then again, if that
were the case, I might not be playing with an interpreted language to
begin with.)

My 2c.

// Todd