On Sep 18, 2013, at 14:26, Haluk Karamete <halukkaram...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I recommend OPCache, which is already included in PHP 5.5.
>
> Camilo,
> I'm just curious about the disadvantageous aspects of OPcache.
>
> My logic says there must be some issues with it otherwise it would  have come
> already enabled.
>
> Sent from iPhone
>

> On Sep 18, 2013, at 2:20 AM, Camilo Sperberg <unrea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 18, 2013, at 09:38, Negin Nickparsa <nickpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you Sebastian..actually I will already have one if qualified for the
>>> job. Yes, and I may fail to handle it that's why I asked for guidance.
>>> I wanted some tidbits to start over. I have searched through yslow,
>>> HTTtrack and others.
>>> I have searched through php list in my email too before asking this
>>> question. it is kind of beneficial for all people and not has been asked
>>> directly.
>>>

>>> Sincerely
>>> Negin Nickparsa

>> Your question is way too vague to be answered properly... My best guess
>> would be that it depends severely on the type of website you have and how's
>> the current implementation being well... implemented.
>>
>> Simply said: what works for Facebook may/will not work for linkedIn, twitter
>> or Google, mainly because the type of search differs A LOT: facebook is
>> about relations between people, twitter is about small pieces of data not
>> mainly interconnected between each other, while Google is all about links
>> and all type of content: from little pieces of information through whole
>> Wikipedia.
>>
>> You could start by studying how varnish and redis/memcached works, you could
>> study about how proxies work (nginx et al), CDNs and that kind of stuff, but
>> if you want more specific answers, you could better ask specific question.
>>
>> In the PHP area, an opcode cache does the job very well and can accelerate
>> the page load by several orders of magnitude, I recommend OPCache, which is
>> already included in PHP 5.5.
>>
>> Greetings.
>>

>> --

The original RFC states:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/optimizerplus
The integration proposed for PHP 5.5.0 is mostly 'soft' integration. That means
that there'll be no tight coupling between Optimizer+ and PHP; Those who wish
to use another opcode cache will be able to do so, by not loading Optimizer+
and loading another opcode cache instead. As per the Suggested Roadmap above,
we might want to review this decision in the future; There might be room for
further performance or functionality gains from tighter integration; None are
known at this point, and they're beyond the scope of this RFC.

So that's why OPCache isn't enabled by default in PHP 5.5

Greetings.