--

Arno,

the php file hidden as a gif will indeed not execute if opened directly from

your website. But if opened from a page hosted elsewhere with some code like

require($path_to_your_image), the php code inside the image will be sent to
the php handler and will be executed.

Prevention is the best way to avoid hacking from image upload. Check the
file extention and the file content before upload.

Cheers.
Steven
--

Hi Steven, I agree the best way to avoid this is for the file upload script
to check the file contents and that's something I'll have to sort out,

Cheers
Arno