On Sep 21, 2013, at 9:06 PM, iccsi <inu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <select id="mark" name="mark">
> <option value="">--</option>
> <option value="bmw">BMW</option>
> <option value="audi">Audi</option>
> </select>
>
> I use above code to have my select drop down on the form and would like to
> use jQuery to fill option value on change event.
> I would like know is it possible to do, if yes, any hint or example code at
> server site is appreciated,
>
> Your help and information is great appreciated,

While jQuery is great, you don't need jQuery for this -- a simple AJAX routine
will do what you want. Here's an example:

http://php1.net/a/zipcode-states/

The ajax routine is there -- you can copy it.

The HTML is there -- you can copy that too.

The php script is a simple script that is triggered by an ajax script
(triggered by the user via onchange() ) that then pulls whatever data is needed
to populate the remaining option controls via a GET.

HTH's

tedd