On 9/22/2013 12:04 PM, Tedd Sperling wrote:
On Sep 21, 2013, at 9:06 PM, iccsi <inu...@gmail.com> wrote:
<select id="mark" name="mark">
<option value="">--</option>
<option value="bmw">BMW</option>
<option value="audi">Audi</option>
</select>

I use above code to have my select drop down on the form and would like to use
jQuery to fill option value on change event.
I would like know is it possible to do, if yes, any hint or example code at
server site is appreciated,

Your help and information is great appreciated,

While jQuery is great, you don't need jQuery for this -- a simple AJAX routine
will do what you want. Here's an example:

http://php1.net/a/zipcode-states/

The ajax routine is there -- you can copy it.

The HTML is there -- you can copy that too.

The php script is a simple script that is triggered by an ajax script
(triggered by the user via onchange() ) that then pulls whatever data is needed
to populate the remaining option controls via a GET.

HTH's

tedd

tedd sperling
tedd.sperl...@gmail.com

OH!!! So you want to populate another(!) select box after the user makes his first selection. You didn't say that.

Yes - ajax call would be just what you want to do.