1375 GLENDALE MILFORD RD., CINCINNATI, OH 45215

On Oct 1, 2013, at 3:14 PM, Ashley Sheridan <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 15:09 -0400, Aziz Saleh wrote:
>
>> DB or flatfile?
>>
>> I would create a matrix of all kids crossed with every kid. Everytime a kid
>> is put in a home with another kid, ++ that index. When dispatching kids,
>> sort by index ASC.
>>
>> Aziz
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM, John Meyer
>> <johnme...@pueblocomputing.com>wrote:

>>> database of some sort.
>>>

>>> --
>>>

> This sounds remarkably like homework, which we can't help you with
> unless you've got a specific problem that you're stuck with.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Oh, no, this is definitely not homework! :)  Although it certainly seems like a
homework question.  This is a real world problem.  I'm keeping track of which
kids stay with which host families in the database.  My initial approach was to
start with kid 1 and see how many times the other kids have stayed with kid 1.
The move on to kid 2, and so it.  This gives me a score for pairs of kids.
However, if say three kids are staying at a host family, what is the best way
to determine which set of three kids have stayed together the least?

Thanks!
Floyd