Hi,
Indeed making and maintaining the graph looks like the best approach here
to tackle this problem , but what does not seem clear to me is this --
 "Suppose a family can host 5 children , then you need to find the set of 5
such nodes out of the total no. of nodes(assume 10) such that the total
weight of all edges connecting the 5*4 nodes is minimum " ,
how do you go about finding this set once you have constructed and
maintained this graph and what will be the complexity??