re: changing ini settings.

If my running script modifies an ini setting I currently believe that that changed setting will apply to that specific process and any others that run after that from that same folder (since i have an ini file in each folder currently). Correct?

And if I do make a setting change as above, it only affects the ini file and processes in that folder, thus leaving the setting unchanged in any and all other folders above that one. Correct?

And from the article pointed out to me, I get the impression that the search for ini files bubbles up from the executing folder. If that is so, then am I correct in assuming that settings in the lowest ini file take precedence over any found in 'bubbled-up' ini files?