header(); function is fine. Another option is javascript which is
dependent on the client software.

  But you get the picture about the login process. I just have to agree with
Chris, something name 'is_logged' is better than 'accessedbefore'.

--

Julio Nobrega

A hora está chegando:
http://toca.sourceforge.net
"Joe Van Meer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Thx Christopher for replying. Ok, let me see if I understand you
> correctly...
>
> The user enters username and password on index.php, this is posted to
> login.php. On login.php after I verify the user is who he/she says they
are
> I set a cookie called "accessedbefore" to "yes" and redirect them to the
> main page. Am I allowed to set a cookie and redirect them after
determining
> who the user is? How would I redirect them after setting the cookie?
Header