Hi,
Bit off topic this, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

I've been implementing a financial reporting system, in PHP, which will be
running on the internet.

Obviously, therefore, security is an issue. The system itself implements a
username/password login system, but I want to be able to run it using SSL
for obvious reasons.

My problem is this: The server we have (Red Hat 7.0, Apache 1.3.14-3,
open-ssl 0.9.5a-14, mod_ssl 2.7.1-3) came with ssl preconfigured and ready
to use. It runs at 128 bit encryption which is fine as far as I'm
concerned.

The people who will be using the system, however, have a company standard
browser which is IE 4 and only supports 40 bit encryption. And for various
political reasons they don't want to upgrade all the browsers. So what I
want to know is how easy it is to "turn down" the encryption level, and how
to go about it.

Any suggestions, pointers??? All the documentation I've come across thus
far doesn't really cover anything like this....

Richy