I urge you strongly to advise against that. Although it might be possible to
downgrade your encryption to 40bit I'd like to make you aware of the fact
that DES which is 56 bit encryption if I'm not mistaken was cracked several
times by brute force in UNDER 22 hours by the distributed.net people
(www.distributed.net). Therefore I would NOT consider 40 bits encryption safe
and I feel obligated to make you aware of that. You are warned now :-) so do
as you please.

Kind regards,

Ferry van Steen

PS I'm also on distributed.net's mailing list. I once asked why it wouldn't
be safe then, since distributed.net has a huge load processing power due to
the number of people that participate. Appearantly it's fairly easy for a lot
of companies/governments/etc to EASILY!! match that computational power.