Roman,

This is certainly not the exact answer you are looking for however...

We had a lot of trouble using the PHP curl commands directly. We are currently doing a
large volume of transactions using cURL with great success by
shelling to it. I am attaching a very simple example of what we are doing below. Most
of this code is straight out of the cURL web site.

function call_CURL($data) {
$URL="www.foo.com/cgi-bin/blah.pl?submit";

 exec("/path_to_curl/curl -m 120 -d \"$data\" https://$URL -L",$return_message_array,
$return_number);

for ($i = 0; $i < count($return_message_array); $i++) {
    $results = $results.$return_message_array[$i];
}

return $results;

}

I hope this helps some.