Hmm...don?t you have to actually create a job in crontab?

Saying that you want a mail every day at 6:00 you would want to create
something like:

* 6 * * * php /usr/local/bin/php > /dev/null

in crontab and lose #!/usr/local/bin/php -q in your script.

# Daniel Alsen    | www.mindbash.com #
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | +46 704 86 14 92 #
# ICQ: 63006462   | +46 8 694 82 22  #
# PGP: http://www.mindbash.com/pgp/  #