On Friday, January 25, 2002, at 04:24  PM, Nick Wilson wrote:
> <tip>
>     Try to keep your posts a little shorter
>     if only for the sake of the dialup users ;)
> </tip>

Thanks for the tip, but I find that a more verbose message makes
explicit what I am asking.  How many times have you seen "I break my
code with this error message:  (error message.)  Please help meEee!!!"
and that's it.

Do you suggest this tip whenever someone includes the contents of the
last ten messages of a thread as quoted material below their three lines
of response?

In fact, a couple of times over the course of this week I've opened an
email from Nick Wilson saying "Please post more information about your
problem if you want us to help you."  Which I think is appropriate, and
I'm not criticizing you for this.  But it takes a few extra seconds out
of everyone's day to read messages like this, even those of us with high
speed access.  Don't you agree that if everyone took a few more words to
say what they mean, we'd actually save a bit of bandwidth in the long
run?

Cheers,
Erik