At 04:46 PM 2/11/2002 -0600, Peter J. Schoenster wrote:
>How can I do this with PHP?
>
>I want the urls to be like:
>
>http:://www.mydomain.com/page.html
>http:://www.mydomain.com/page2.html
>http:://www.mydomain.com/page3.html
>
>etc. One motive is to be sure that no search engines are
>discouraged from indexing my site plus I'm going to create pages
>and nav snippets with links to all those pages.

I'm not sure I really know what you're asking, but if you are asking if you
can use PHP code within HTML files (with *.html extensions) then the answer
is yes.  If you're running Apache, add the following to your httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

This will make the web server send *.html files to the PHP parser as
well.  This way you don't have to have your scripts end with *.php.  The
drawback is that every single *.html file will be sent to the PHP engine
for parsing, even if it doesn't contain any code, so your web server will
have that extra overhead to deal with.  If you have a large site that gets
a great many hits a day you may not want to do this for performance reasons...

Please disregard if this is not what you were asking... :)