We have 1 or 2 clients that have js disabled because of "security"
Also, I very often use Lynx (the text browser, not the game :) ) to browse
the web.

-----Original Message-----
From: michael kimsal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 2:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] lookin for a Menuing System...

Miguel Cruz wrote:

>>Do it in JavaScript, it works and it's client side so it will be
>>faster.
>

> But take care - using JavaScript for site navigation is tricky business.
> Some people don't use it, some people can't use it (not supported by their

> browsers / hardware / corporate policy), and search engines certainly
> won't follow those links.

Can someone point me to hardware that is still in active use that can't
handle javascript?

Similarly, can someone point me to a company that specifically disables
javascript as 'corporate policy'?  Back in 96-97, the 'no javascript'
argument held, and probably holds today some if you're targetting
handhelds and other 'non standard' devices.  But if someone specifically
disables Javascript these days, a good portion of their web experience
will not be as robust as it would otherwise be, and they probably won't
notice that using your site is any worse than any other site.

IMO, it's now like targetting only websafe colors because some people
might only browse in 256 colors.  If they do that, about 80% of the
web's content will look like crap anyway, and they won't specifically
think my stuff looks all that much worse than anyone else's.