From: John Holmes
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: May 14, 2002 6:43 PM
To: 'Girish Nath'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Cool PHP Tricks/Features ?

Why do you think this is useful to you? I remember
reading an article on
this and its conclusion was that zipping the
output was only beneficial
for large data between fast computers over a slow
pipe. You have to look
at who your clients are and if it's beneficial to
have their machine use
up extra time (processing power) unzipping things
or not. Also, you're
using more processing time on your computer having
to do the zipping for
every request, too.

---John Holmes...