the truth hurts sometimes.

this was dropped a long time ago but you people keep bringing it up and
giving your 2 cents.  thanks cesar, you can read my mind.

-----Original Message-----
From: César Aracena [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: August 4, 2002 12:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Re: Protect PHP coding

I am pretty new to PHP, but not to computing since I've been working
with them for about 15 years and I would like to say something about
this idiotic spamming subject.

It's your problem if you get short on cash for buying something you
could have done by yourself which, by the way, is the beauty of open
source.

Now, to cut the crap here, which OS do you use at work or even worse, at
home? Have you ever bought a computer that comes with any version of MS
Windows preinstalled? If you think that buying any kind commercial
product while having the chance to get the same benefits from an open
source piece is the right way to go, then do it. If not, just
unsubscribe yourself from Zend's newsletter and don't ever visit their
home site. By the way, how much did you pay for the last MS Windows you
bought? Or do you use copies? Uhmmm... that's not nice.

I have more than 10.000 e-mails stored in my PHP-General folder which
are all (or most of them) dedicated to help solving PHP issues for us
newcomers (by the way, thanks to all). Ok, so maybe some of them are
about other things such MySQL or HTML, but hey... it's not easy for
everybody to find the right place to ask for help.

So, to keep it short, please stop messing with other people's ideas
about how the silicon world should work and start making your own ones.
You sound like a very smart person. It's really a shame that not a
single person from this list will ever give you a job but hey... that
was your own decision.

Good luck in your life you poor, poor soul.

USD